Customized Face-to-Face Trainings for the Judiciary by Local Judges
The WIPO Academy uses practical face-to-face and distance learning to empower judicial training institutions to become self-reliant in delivering continuing education sessions on intellectual property (IP).
Some twenty members of the judiciary from each Member State have been involved in customizing the content for their local judges. They are exposed to the essentials of IP knowledge and cases, which they can later transmit to other members of the same judiciary. This approach facilitates knowledge transfer and enhances the sustainability of the trainings.
Future trainers are familiarized with the customized modules on IP for the judiciary and benefit from training methodologies and specific cases on IP court rulings.
The training-the-trainers process consists of the following:
- Judicial learning content on each domain of IP
- Face-to-face trainings on major IP topics delivered by international and national experts in specific technical fields of IP
- Free access to court decisions on IP
- Selected bibliographical materials
- Support for the establishment of national networks for judges
- Support for global networks of judicial training institutions and judges
- Practical continuing judicial education on IP sessions offered by each trained trainer
- Mobile-accessible learning options