Continuing Judicial Education on IP
The WIPO Academy is offering specialized continuing education to enhance the capacity of judicial training institutions in delivering intellectual property (IP) knowledge. The specialized education plan was designed at the request of WIPO Member States and launched in Costa Rica, Lebanon, Nepal and Nigeria.
The continuing judicial education on IP service is delivered through a WIPO Academy IP toolkit for judges available in Arabic, English, French and Spanish. The complete IP toolkit for judges will be progressively made available in the remaining official UN languages. The toolkit consists of:
- A general distance learning course on IP for judges that is also mobile-accessible (AR, EN, ES, FR)
- Instructor’s manuals (AR, EN, ES, FR)
- Practical face-to-face trainings of trainers (AR, EN, ES, FR)
- Open access to WIPO treaties and selected references of international IP publications (AR, EN, ES, FR)
- A networking space for national judges available online and through mobile-accessible format as well (Costa Rica ES, Lebanon AR, Nepal EN, Nigeria EN)